I just realized I never posted about Caroline’s 4-year-old check-up! It was about a week after her actual birthday and the same week as the party, so I was probably too busy doing stuff for that. Anyway, she was weighed and measured and here are her stats: 40 pounds (90th percentile) and 41 inches (75th percentile). She’s gained 5 pounds and grown 3 inches in the past year. The nurse also did a vision test and hearing test and she passed those, as expected. Then the doctor came in and checked her out and said she’s doing great! Finally it was time for a finger prick and shots! She did fine for the finger prick. She had to get 3 shots this time and it had been so long since she had gotten shots I just wasn’t sure how she would do. We had talked about it quite a bit, just so she would know what to expect, but then the nurses made a big deal about it and I think they made it worse. Anyway, she ended up doing great and didn’t even cry! She was a little scared with all the commotion and nurses holding her down and telling her to close her eyes and I thought she was about to cry, but she didn’t! My big, brave girl! A sucker was ready to be handed out as soon as the torture was over:


No comments:
Post a Comment