Saturday, April 25, 2009

Crib Update

Well, it looks like my crib won't be in before Caroline is born :(. It's a long story, but basically it won't get to New Jersey until May 15th, and then it still has to get on the truck and get down to Alabama. But at least I know it's coming. We even went to the store and looked at some other ones she had, which she would offer to us for the same price, but decided to just wait for the one I really wanted. We could have gotten a similar one to bring home now but we would have had to assemble it and then dis-assemble it when we took it back, in addition to assembling the right one. Too much trouble just to have a crib in her room for a few weeks that she won't even sleep in!

This weekend I've been cleaning house (must be some of that nesting instinct coming out, or maybe just OCD b/c I want it to look good when everyone comes). Anyway, the upstairs room is finished and ready for guests. Here's a before and after picture with the additional bed we had to get:


3 comments:

KTElltt said...

Awesome guest room! Which bed is mine? Kidding. :) Joy, I am excited for y'all! May the lack of crib take nothing good from this situation. God is so gracious in giving y'all this gift of life in little Caroline...

Carrie said...

I've heard it's bad luck to have a crib before the baby comes anyway.

Or something like that.

David Howie

Joy and Chris said...

haha, yeah.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers