Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Goodbye Grandaddy Crow

My parents arrived last Thursday and Chris, Luke, and I headed out to North Carolina on Friday to attend Chris’ grandfather’s funeral. We had a pretty good trip and just had to stop twice! Luke was really sweet and didn’t fuss much. He didn’t nurse great, but at least he ate his baby food well so that held him over. We got there before everyone else so we just went to Carrabba’s (since we didn’t get to go for my birthday) and had a nice quiet dinner by ourselves. I even got to do a little shopping before we headed back to the hotel to meet up with Chris’ family.

IMG_7816IMG_7820IMG_7821

Luke had a rough night that first night and I ended up having to nurse him around 4am – probably because he didn’t get enough milk that day! He seemed to be going right back to sleep, but then he had a big burp and spit up all over me and himself! I had to change his clothes and mine! He finally went back to sleep after all that, but we were all tired the next day.

We slept late and had a late breakfast at the hotel, then got ready to go to an early lunch (we didn’t eat) with some family before the funeral. When we got to the church, Luke was asleep so I stayed in the car with him so he could finish his nap and (hopefully) be in a good mood during the visitation and service. When he woke up and I took him inside, I was surprised to find out that they had someone to keep kids in the nursery during the service! I had just expected to have to sit in the back or walk around with him and was worried I would miss most of it, so this was good news!

Here’s our little man all dressed up:

(we brought the Johnny Jump-up so we could get ready without having Luke crawling around on the nasty hotel room floor!)

IMG_7829IMG_7826

The funeral service was so nice and there were so many kind remarks about Chris’ sweet grandfather. It’s so comforting to know that he’s in heaven now and how many people he touched with Christ’s love before he died!

After the funeral, we all headed back to the hotel for naps! Then we all went out to dinner together and returned to the hotel to visit. We had a much better night with Luke that night! Then we left the next morning and made really good time coming back home to my parents and sweet Caroline!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers